Thursday, January 18, 2018

The Dreadening: 2k Blood Angel Dreadnought List

So between life and work and 8th edition in general (don't get me its not bad, but I personally liked the mechanics of 7th more) I sometimes find it hard to motivate myself to make armies and lists lately.
Which is why I have started making gimmick lists. And here is one I am ALL about and can actually WORK Towards. I actually own 80% of this already and will likely pick up what missing next month to pull this off.

I give you "The Dreadening". An ALL DREADNOUGHT ALL THE TIME list.

The Dreadening- 1998 Points, 5 CP, 2 Detachments, 11 KP, 10 Drops

Vanguard Detachment- +1 CP
HQ: Librarian Dreadnought (187)- Force Halberd, Furioso Fist, Meltagun, Smoke Launchers
Elites: Furioso Dreadnought (154)- 2 x Furioso Fists, Meltagun, Storm Bolter, Magna Grapples
Elites: Contemptor Dreadnought (165)- Dreadnought CCW, Combi-Bolter, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon
Elites: Relic Deredo Dreadnought (237)- Anvillus Autocannon Battery, Twin Heavy Bolter, Atomantic Pavaise
Heavy Support: Mortis Dreadnought (109)- 2 x Twin Heavy Bolters, Smoke Launchers
Heavy Support: Relic Leviathan Dreadnought (334)- Cyclonic Melta Lance, Storm Cannon Array, 2 x Heavy Flamer
Dedicated Transport: Lucius Pattern Dreadnought Drop Pod (80)

Vanguard Detachment- +1 CP
HQ: Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought (174)- 2 x Dreadnought CCW, 2 x Stormbolter, Smoke Launchers; Warlord- Relic: The Veritas Vitae, Trait: Soul Warden
Elites: Death Company Dreadnought (194)- 2 x Blood Talons, Heavy Flamer, Meltagun, Magna Grapples
Elites: Death Company Dreadnought (189)- 2 x Blood Talons, Heavy Flamer, Meltagun, Smoke Launchers
Elites: Furioso Dreadnought (175)- Frag Cannon, Furioso Fist, Heavy Flamer, Smoke Launchers
Tactically, I think this for the most part is pretty obvious. Go punch things with Dreadnoughts. But there are a few subleties.

First of all, the Mortis and Deredo pait up and stay together. Ranged firebase with an I save from the Deredo's Atomantic Pavaise. I may switch the heavy bolters to auto cannons on the Mortis (dropping magna grapples and a heavy flamer someplace to do it) BUT for now that heavy 12 is nice.
The Fragioso in the past was the clear choice to put into a drop pod, but the new 9" deep strike rules rule that out. SOOOO instead, he is a very situational beast. Most often plan is to leave him in my backfield, relatively close to my firebase, as a sweeper if you will. He is my ANTI Deepstriker now. And for people without DS, I'll just march him forward with my attack force.

The Leviathan is the NEW candidate for the Lucius Pattern Drop Pod. Big tough guy with the ability to take down most vehicles in a single turn with his cyclonic lance and storm cannon and tough to wipe out in return. Plus, just such a COOOOL model.
Main attack force consists of the Chaplain and 2 DC dreads in one group and the Librarian, Contemptor and Furioso in another. Run forward and tear things apart. The Chaplain and DC dreads are for attacking higher model count, weaker targets while the Lib and crew go after smaller, tougher nuts to crack (all ideally)

Chaplain is the Warlord OVER the Librarian for two reasons
1- He comes with an Invulnerable Save
2- I can give him soul warden, giving him the ability to deny the which IN ADDITION to having that naturally in my Librarian dread.
3- If he is primarily chasing infantry, he is less likely to encounter things that can hurt him.
Over all, it just seems FUN and fluffy to do, so I want to make it happen.