Friday, May 19, 2017

Thunderer Siege Tanks

As I work on my all Death Rider army, I took a small break and made their armoured support: a pair of Thunderer Siege Tanks! First rule of Forgeworld- Why buy one when you can get two for twice the price!

These are fun little tanks. These turretless LR Demolishers act essentially like up-armoured vindicators on the battlefield. I can't wait to see their 8th edition stats!

I went with these because I
1- LOVE the models
2- Think the imagery of a low profile tank with a large front cannon advancing in support of an all cavalry army just looks right. WWI style for the win.
This was a great little kit to work on and each vehicle took me a single night to do, so relatively easy to. The cast was stupendous (specifically pulled for me while they were out of stock for delivery at Adepticon, so that may have something to do with it). I really can't wait to use these two tanks. I just wish the Imperial Mine Plough was still a kit because I totally would have used that instead of a traditional dozerblade.