Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Road to Adepticon: Dark Angels Vehicles

As one of the four of us from Sepulchre of Heroes going to Adepticon this year, I have quite a bit of prep work to do - especially since I decided to use almost entirely freshly painted models. I'll be competing in the team tournament, the friendly and Necromunda, so there's plenty to get through. I've been spending nearly every ounce of free time lately on building and painting my force, and I thought I'd share pictures of some of the vehicles that I finished recently.

First up, we have a relic sicaran from Forgeworld - Gothmog and I each got one at the same time a while ago. Unfortunately only one of us is allowed to field it in the team tournament, so it will be a bit longer before you get to see his in glorious blood angels red. I think the Sicaran is a beautiful model, and I thoroughly enjoyed painting it. The Dark Angels emblems on the sides are brass etch, also from Forgeworld.


The other two vehicles will only be fielded in the friendly tournament, but the Ravenwing definitely needed some representation in my list there. Before I started painting it, I thought the shrine on the back of the Darkshroud looked a bit silly, but it has definitely grown on me. I used a slightly modified version of the paint mixes I've used in the past for Ravenwing bikers - a series of dark grey mixes with a black wash over the top to darken the overall color.


Lastly, the Ravenwing Nephilim Jetfighter. I still don't think it's a particularly useful unit, even after the latest codex reduced the cost and upped the missiles to S7, but I always really liked the model. Given the stated goal of the Friendly tournament at Adepticon, I figured it was the perfect opportunity to break it out and actually paint it. Trying to give some depth to the expanse of white on the wings was tricky, but I like the effect and I'm looking forward to actually having it on the table.


 I'll leave you here with some more photos of the sicaran, darkshroud and nephilim, as well as what I have left to go for Adepticon.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Everything I'm taking to Adepticon, finished or not.

Next up: Necromunda Delaque Gang