Thursday, March 17, 2011

Safe in the Far East

As some of you know I recently deployed to Japan as part of the US Navy. This is just a shout out to let you all know I am safe and sound despite the recent events. If you wish to know more, look into the USS Essex on the news or the Essex Facebook page.
Although I would say I am worried about one thing: Godzilla. Massive Earthquake, Volcano Erupting, Tsunami, Nuclear Incident. Sounds like the start to a Godzilla movie to me...

As for my involvement in the hobby, I miss it very much and can't wait to get back to shore to continue work on my Blood Angels and Genswick. But being onboard a ship has also reinspired my desire to play more BFG. Maybe write a story about BFG from my newly building shipboard knowledge.

I have met some gamers over here, but it appears as if the players are stuck in a 4th edition playstyle mindset. It is truly bizzare.

Read a few books since coming over here (The last in the Sigmar trilogy, Fireborn, Fear the Alien, Flesh and Iron). I have not been dissapointed with any of them. If you are a fan of the nightlords and/or salamanders series, make sure to pick up Fear the Alien, as there are some great cross connected stories in there.

Have a fine Hobby Day
-Gothmog